Edward T. Matthews, Esq., CPA
The son of a small-business owner, Ed Matthews began his career in finance and accounting. After graduating with highest honors from law school, he was selected as one of eleven attorneys to clerk for the Minnesota Supreme Court during its 2003-2004 term. He then represented individuals and closely-held businesses in litigation and corporate governance matters. With his expertise in both financial planning and conflict management, Ed prepares complete,
personalized estate plans to serve the following purposes:
- Ensure your property and wealth reaches your intended beneficiaries in the manner you choose.
- Protect your wealth from unnecessary federal and state taxes, legal fees, and court costs.
- Transfer your wealth in a private and personal manner.
- Allow for control of your estate to remain within your family.
- Transfer your estate as quickly as possible.
- Protect against the unnecessary interruption of a family-owned business.
- Eliminate the necessity of a court-appointed guardian or conservator should you become unable to manage your affairs.
||Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, cum laude,
||Juris Doctorate, summa cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law
Professional Licenses and Court Admissions
||Certified Public Accountant License (Ohio)
||Admitted to practice law in the State of Minnesota
||Admitted to practice in Federal District Court for the District of Minnesota and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
||Admitted to practice in the United States Supreme Court
||Adjunct Professor, William Mitchell College of Law
||Named a “Rising Star” by Minnesota Law & Politics Magazine
||Executive Editor, William Mitchell Law Review